Monday, June 29, 2015

Gluten Free Travels- Disney World

The most magical place in the word,is also extremely food allergy friendly. Hearing the word Disney makes everyone excited,am i right? When most people think of Disney World they think of the castle,the characters,and of course the food.

As someone with food allergies and celiac,when I hear the word travel...I have learned to dread what is to follow. For me it is always hard to travel,but with planing it is doable. But most of the time when I do it is to a place with a time schedule and I pack all of my own food.

With my trip for spring break,however I knew I packing all my meals was not an option,since I would be flying. I did my research as any good celiac/person with food allergies does for everything and everything. And I found out Disney would be extremely easy to be safe at.

I was still a little nervous,because I was traveling for the first time with people who were not my family,or my church youth group. I was traveling with my (at the time) boyfriend's family. Which in and of its self would make any girl nervous.

My Experience-

My vacation to Disney was an amazing experience. All of the restaurants I visited had extremely knowledgeable staff about food allergy safety. It was awesome to feel normal at a restaurant. Disney made me feel at home and welcome,not like an alien or a burden.

Where I stayed-

I stayed at the Wilderness Loge cabins on the Disney property in Florida. It was beautiful and very homey.

At the cabins there is an amazing restaurant that is a must try,The Trail's End Restaurant.  It is barbecue buffet. I know the celiac in you panics,but they have an amazing chef, Chef Michael! Who will make you anything on the buffet fresh to ensure safety. He understands gluten free needs first hand,since his girlfriend is gluten free.

If you eat here you will be treated well.

Day 1-

For my first day in the parks I went to Epcot.

I had lunch at The Electric Umbrella  in  Future World. I had the gluten free chicken tenders and french fries. It was pretty good!

For dinner we ate at the Liberty Inn. I had the New York Strip Steak with broccoli and fries. The steak was so good,nice and tender. The broccoli was perfectly steamed as well.

Day 2-

My second day in the parks  was spent in Magic Kingdom.

We went back to the cabins for lunch. And for dinner we ate at the restaurant located at the cabins,Trail's End.

Day 3-

 My third day i  the parks was spent in Hollywood Studios.

We ate lunch and dinner at our cabin.

I also on day three when to Downtown Disney,which has a gluten free,and vegan bakery,Babycakes NYC. The bakery was hard to find,but totally worth it.

Over All-

My vacation to Disney was amazing. I cannot wait to go again someday! I miss those Mickey shaped ice cream bars,which are gluten free by the way!




No comments: