Saturday, December 6, 2014

The Unexpected Happens, Especially On The Road

   We have all been in sticky situations we never could have expected. For me traveling to competitions hours away from home every weekend this past fall, I was bound for some right? Knowing my luck I was bound for a few this past season.

     On the day of my finale competition I hit a very unexpected situation. All day I had a killer migraine from stress and not sleeping.  After our show I felt really anxious about scores, since the performance was not our best. At pictures I was about to pass out. After awards, we placed third out of the whole coast! We had our typical speech, but I was really not doing so well. I ended up having a panic attack, throwing up, then passing out in the bathroom. I was incredibly dehydrated and my sugar was extremely low. Lets just say when we were stuck at burger king for almost 4 hours because they couldn't make food quickly for over 100 people I was not extremely happy.

    Lessons I hope you and I have learned from my mistakes drink more water, tell others(not just your bus buddy) you don't feel well ,and pack extra food.

Here are some great snacks that travel really well-
  • Pretzels
  • Apple sauce pouches
  • Candy(not the best for you, but whateves! lol)
  • Nut butter singles(love yah Sunbutter)
Things that don't pack well-
  • Yogurt (please, take my word for it!)
  • Bananas
  • Chocolate


No comments: